Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 800 RMK with the 151" track... Geared down and weight added to the clutch - and it pulls awesome! I'm thinking about piping it, but am concerned that I might sacrifice my sled's dependability. Too often when out riding with mod sleds I see guys having to re-jet, check plugs, etc. I'm interested in a single pipe. Note that I am not mechanically inclined, I bought my sled to ride, not to work on... My riding is done at elevations between 4k and 8k feet... Any comments or suggestions?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Leave it alone.In my opinion pipes do make snowmobiles less reliable.Keep it as close to stock as possible.Clutching is fine but with engine mods you are asking for trouble.

·
Registered
1 Posts
To pipe or not to pipe depends on how much you like horsepower and how much you spend time maintaining your sled. I have a 680 ultra piped with P.S.I Modblasters that I have been ridding for the last 4 winters and never had to open up the mill as of yet.(knock on wood). In my opinion and experience if you are willing to get the right jetting specs for temperature, and altitude change and are willing to change them as needed your well on your way to horsepower increase. A good oil is also a plus as I have ran only Klotz Techniplate and am a strong beleiver in synthetic oils.
Hope info helps out.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Keep in mind that the stock pipe is the best thing for that sled. It has been proven that-that pipe with a after market silencer is the best way to go. My 700 rmk is the same way. all after market pipes cant touch the stock one,however if you go to a aftermarket silencer, you can add HP, but loose a lot of unneeded weight. This is what i will be doing with my switchback 800, first thing i will spend money on after a skid plate. just my thoughts..

dano

1 - 4 of 4 Posts