Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
'93 Phazer and The Kid
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'93 Phazer II Electric Start

Checked continuity on thumb warmer. Read 395 - 397 ohms. Checked continuity on the feeder wires. The meter alarm went off just fine. Haven't checked if I have 12v on the feeder wires when running. Any other ideas?

The warmers are factory installed.

Grips heat up great. Almost too good even on low. On low it's almost to the point of burning my hands.

On a side note, I broke the odometer reset knob when reinstalling the console. Looks like it broke flush at the gauge. Any way to fix that? Can I get a new one? I'm assuming the gauge cluster would have to be pulled and disassembled to install a new one? I wouldn't be too concerned except I use that as a gas gauge since all they have is the tubing for a gauge and nothing on the tank like my Polaris.

Thanks...

·
Sled Of The Month Judge
2,819 Posts
The tubing on the tank is pretty reliable, but I would just use it anyway. just make not of the miles, then compare later.

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
trip set knob is replacable.
part # 8L8-83578-00-00. just ordered one for a sled i am working on. now i just need to figure out how it goes on.
if your grips are exceeding the thumb warmer in heat, check the wiring on the grips. may be wired wrong.

i for one could care less about the thumb, its the hands that count.

·
'93 Phazer and The Kid
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the part #. Where did you order it?

The thumb warmer is important to me since my thumb gets cold easily. Even deer hunting it gets cold. Must of frost bit it a little at some point.

For the grips, you think the wires might possibly have to be switched? I believe they're quick connects like the thumb warmer.

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
pt #is oem yamaha. i ordered it from the dealer.

check the wiring and see how its arranged now. some were parralled and some were in series. could be someone prior to you replaced/repaired something along the lines and incorrectly wired it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts