Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 65yr old father is having a hard time with his thumb getting sore riding his sled (03 legend grand touring 700). I rode it myself and I get sore as well, to much tension on cable and angle of lever. I have removed cable lubed it, no resistance, but carb springs just make it so hard to operate. I also have a 700xcr triple with three of the same carbs and it is not as bad.
Any suggestions? Any aftermarket better levers? THX

·
Registered
170 Posts
your in luck. my gal has allways had that problem. 99mxz, 2001mxz,2003rev. skidoo makes a 2stage throttle to fit that sled. its the same lever you see on older formula sleds. it pushes a bit of slack and this makes it easyer cuz its closer to bars. i hope they still make it im sure they do. it was about$30 and very easy to install

·
Registered
427 Posts
I imagine that the angle of the throttle is adjustable by loosening a couple of set screws.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i see the theory. it definitly would cost you top end. i just called dealer and bummer they quit makein that conversion. my girlfriend (the one who had the same problem)says the lever on here 06rev is definitly shaped different than here old original levers were. it looks to me that her 06 lever would fit rite on your throttlebody. she is sugesting to try positioning lever lower.(below centerline of bars) i guess on her current sled that made all the diff and here new lever is now fine. no crampin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.