Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Can someone tell me how to change throttle position sensor on Yamaha snowmobile 2005 RS rage?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
When I start the snowmobile everything runs well once the engine is warm the Yellow Warning light comes on the rpm' go down and when I press throttle the rpm don't go up - unless the Warning light shots off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is no warning light for anything else. I will try to attach video so you can see what is happening.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I start the snowmobile engine it works normal on low and high Rpm's for about 2-3 minutes. Once it warms up the Yellow Warning light comes out and it shows code 84. Engine starts to slow down and the exhaust fires/pops.The rpm's cannot exceed 3k after this, with the exhaust firing.Do you have any ideas what is going on?

·
Registered
887 Posts
TORS System Activated(throttle override)

From what I have read online there was a update for said TORS issues. That is a dealer thing and supposedly they install a new CDI according to a couple places and possibly other parts. There was a bulletin sent out to dealers about this in 2006 or so. I would take your vin number that should be on the tunnel someplace and call your local Yamaha dealer and see what they say. They should fix that for free and if they say no call another dealer and see what they say.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you do you know what other parts had to be replaced? I will try contacting Yamaha dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts