Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know if anyone would be able to find the correct settings for the TPS on my sled ( 03' Polaris Frontier Classic 784cc)The TPS on this sled seems to work backwards from most others I have seen.The current readings are 4.20 volts with the throttle closed and 1.4 volts at full throttle. Any help from you Polaris Tec's out there.let me know!!

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
you need a service mannual to do it. you have to erase the computer codes, this requires a homemade tool. Last year we did this in school but I forgot how.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TPS SENSOR

I have a shop book and a Tps tool to check voltage.I would like to know how to make the tool to reset the injection computer and also the correct spec's,mine are to general. Give me some help! I know there is Polaris tec's out there! PLEASE:D

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
you have to conect it and reconect it like 3 times in a row real fast this resets the computer. the computer will show 61 i think.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TPS Help!

Does anyone know where to get or how to fabricate the tool that plugs into the small four pronged plug that is located at rear of engine and is used for resetting the injection computer.The shop book only calls it by tool part #PS45831.

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
you wont be able to find out how to make one, the dealers are the only ones that have em and the olds are that they wont tell you how to make one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TPS "tool needed"

Is there anyother way to get the injection computer accept the new tps settings without this special tool. Does anyone else have any other information about this tool or procedure.

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
take it to a dealer, the tool is the only way to clear the computer.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TPS Numbers

What is the inital Tps setting for this sled.It is set at 4.40 volts at idle.The book says .700 ,I have bad information some how these numbers are even close.The book states that voltage should increase as you open throttle my unit decreases as throttle is opened.At full throttle I have like 1.40 volts.I think that the book is wrong!! I bought a new tps sensor and that one gives me the same readings so the sensor is not failing.What should the numbers be for a 03' Frontier Classic 4 stroke

1 - 9 of 9 Posts