Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question for you guys, I have a 93' 750 Indy Storm and my father has a 95' 800 storm(both triples), and after riding for a extended period of time we both are having major problems with thumb fatigue. I've tried turning the throttle on different angles, but no help. And please no stop being soft comments:D . Is there anything off hand you guys could suggest parts-wise or anything else, it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Try a rubber or elastic band around your hand and thumb. You will have to experiment to find just right to about half the presure needed to move the throttle to midway.
Somewhere...Maybe Dennis Kirk Cat., I saw a wrist/thumb strap to do just that.
Happy ride'n

·
Registered
228 Posts
the only thing i know of is the angle. sometimes it takes a while to get used to it and may not seem like it is any better but it will eventually feel better. also you should try the j-hooks that extend out the handlebars by about 2 inches. it sounds dumb but it works especially if you have a lot of windy trails.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the suggestions guys. ill check out the dennis kirk cat. and just keep messing around with it till it gets to be more comfortable. thanks again

·
Registered
21 Posts
i found it if you haven't already. Dennis Kirk 2003 cat. p. 57.
called Thumb Throttle II $18.99
sm/med PN 34-7623SM
lrg/xlrg PN 34-7623LXL

yamajim

·
Registered
106 Posts
Every first few rides of the season my thumb kills me! It usually gets better as I get more time in on the sled. I have heard of people changing the return spring- might be an option?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Just put the first good hard 300 miles on this year. Those tripple do a number on your thumb. I gave up on writing today as I can barely use my right hand. :D
As the season goes on, it gets better. Just gotta work the kinks out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Keep the faith, I went out for the first time this weekend to Michigan (UP) and my thumb is swollen and sore. I found that my hands don't really get cold so I took my big snowmobileing gloves off and I put on the race gloves. Helps a lot!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts