Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I RECENTLY PURCHASED AN E-BRAKE LEVER FOR MY SUMMIT-X AND IT REALLY WORKS WELL! IF YOU FALL OFF YOUR SLED THIS THING WILL BRING IT TO A CONTROLLED STOP. IT'S PRETTY COOL-IT JUST REPLACES YOUR STOCK BRAKE LEVER WITH A NEW ONE THAT HAS A SPRING LOADED PISTON HELD IN PLACE BY A RELEASE PIN THAT IS ATTACHED TO A TETHER THAT GOES AROUND YOUR WRIST. IF YOU FALL OFF- IT APPLIES YOUR BRAKES! CHECK IT OUT AT www.ebrake.net IF IT SOUNDS INTERESTING.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Why would you want to fall off?!?! I swear, some people...

I've always liked the idea of something like that, but around here if you fall off it doesn't matter, because the trees at the bottom of the really steep hills detect your fall and activate their tractor beams.

·
Administrator
1,084 Posts
JEDARAPA2 said:
Why would you want to fall off?!?! I swear, some people...

I've always liked the idea of something like that, but around here if you fall off it doesn't matter, because the trees at the bottom of the really steep hills detect your fall and activate their tractor beams.
Lol! :D That is sooooo true. Luckily I have only been sucked in by a few of them at at slow speeds, but I have seen some of them pull guys in at 30 mph and thats not a good thing.

But seriosly... that brake sounds like a good think if it can slow the sled down slowly.... or keep it from rolling away when ideling when guys forget to put the parking brake on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
controlled stop

yeah- it's pretty cool. It does'nt just totally lock up your brakes all at once. It brings it to a controlled stop instead of an out of control skid. I recommend it to anyone who rides in the mountains!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I hear that it's a pretty good product. Now I just need to find something that will keep me from rolling my sled down the hills from not making it up them.:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kinda

It has a tether that goes around your wrist and if you fall off or bail off, the tether releases a spring loaded piston that pushes against the piston on your brake master cylinder and applies your brakes, bringing it to a controlled stop.:) Hopefully you will never need it, but if you ever did fall off, it would be nice to have , especially if you ride in the mountains!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts