Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before it even gets started :(. Finally had my EMG testing done again. I knew I had carpal tunnel 10-12 years ago in both arms. Of course comes from working on stuff from the age of 8 and typing 60-80wpm since I was 10 but wasn't expecting the one result to happen. Right arm was flopping all over the place. I have mild carpal tunnel in the left arm, mild to moderate in the right arm which makes sense being right hand dominant. But I also have a moderate case of ulnar nerve impingement in the right arm. Hence why I can barely pick up a can of pop or a remote control most days. Left arm has it as well but nowhere near as bad as the right. So end of Oct I have the normal double genicular nerve block surgeries planned on both knees, thankfully they can do both at the same time now vs me having to do one then come back a week later. But 2nd week of November I go in for double right arm surgery. Sling for who knows how long and depending on exactly how bad everything is might not even be able to use the snowblower for a couple months. Hoping recovery goes quickly as we are already under a freeze warning for tonight in the 3rd week of Sept. Sucks because I have to still replace 96 studs in the '97 Indy 500, springs and pull the Fox Shock & have it rebuilt as well. Idk how I am going to be able to do this before November with arms like this. And not like I can pay someone living on what I live on.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone!

Yeah Dan how about you just fly out here and give me a hand,lol. That way I don't have to drag a snowmobile trailer, snowmobile across the country in 3.50 a dollar gas in a '03 Explorer that gets 20mpg at best,lol. I know if KC was close enough he would be kind enough to help and vice versa as well with me and his Pantera. But from my house to his house is around well gotta be 4 hours??? I honestly icr as it has been too long since I drove from here to Madison then down that highway which is near him. Wausaudug is close but I hate asking anyone tbh for help as I feel bad that I am taking time out of their weekends or personal time off. I would pay a shop but the one shop I used he retired and he gave me a massive discount as he was a friend and I would help him out with internet issues along with finding/figuring out which parts he needed for Polaris machines he had in the shop. He would always tell the customers "lemme call my Polaris guy he probably knows right off the top of his head". And the dealers around here there is two I trust but both charge an arm & a leg for any service.

Thankfully no wife to tell me that,lol. But the g/f might have a say,lol. At this point I can barely move my right arm some days the numbness and tingling is just too much. I have the shed to rearrange, trim the tree in the yard as it is massively overgrown now as I busted my extendable pole saw last year and just got a new one recently. Cut down all the front bushes as I am killing them off, framing in some of it, filling it with river rock and a couple plants, rebuilding the other side of the front/side plant area as the timbers fell apart after 12 years even though they were treated lumber and sealed twice. Finish the stereo install in the Explorer finally with adding in the new speakers, DSP and amplifier that will upgrade me from 3,500 watts to 5,000 watts on the subwoofers.

Then somehow also get those items done on the '98 Indy 500 as well. Not too mention tear apart the '92 Indy 500 EFI so I can sell some of the stuff for parts as it just isn't worth fixing...well it is but I just don't feel like it anymore and if I were to do it I am ripping out those throttle bodies and going carburetors and tbh I just rather put the money someplace else like towards a new 75"-82" tv next year to replace the 60" 4K Samsung I have now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts