·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
more pics coming next week, i have to go. ttyl

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
Thankfully I had a 1999 Zr 500 so I can bet what the rest of the sled looks like. :) Thats a great pic of the left A-arm...

I'd love to see the rest of the sled. (Oh... btw I might add that you should buy a couple SnowmobileForum.com stickers for placing on the tunnel just above the running boards on the sled. ;) I had two 6" on mine in that postion.)

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha, thanks, i'm just gonna reformat a few pics here and put them, and yes its in my plans to get some snowmobileforum stickers :D, i try to spread tthe word to as many people as i can, i have your link on my website, it probly doesn't help much but i try :p heres a pic of the new track i put on. buying in the offseason rules, brand new 1.25 cat track, 60/80 durometer lugs, 400$ Canadian. it was cheaper than findin a used one!

Attachments

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
heres a full pic of the sled

Attachments

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
heres what happened to my clutch this year :(:(, aftermarket wieghts i believe, not stock anyways, they were heavy and notched, i don't think i'll ever go that path after what i have seen. thank goodness i was only a mile from home.

Attachments

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the other piece is the chunk out of my spider:mad: heres what it did to my hood, it was popped out before but i tapped it back together, im so glad it didn't make a hole though. that stupid sticker to cover it up is like 40$ i tihnk i still might buy it, cause i hate cracks:(

Attachments

·
Mountain M0DERAT0R
7,469 Posts
thumbs up dude...good job

yeah, get some snowmobileforum.com stickers to put on there, i bought some. one for the truck and two for the sled :D

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sweet deal, ya im thinking a couple for my sled and some bigger ones for my trailer! Spread the word!

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
Hey Caz.

Thats a nice looking sled. Brings back memories of my Zr 500. :( I really like the green windshield... you need to have as much green as possible on a sled like that... at least that was my philosophy. Now you should get yourself a green fabcraft mountain bar to help you out when you decide to use the deeper lug track there. I actually had a 1.5" track on mine... and it worked really well in the powder. (Surprisingly well for a 500).

What I really wanted was a green chrome windshield (like on some of the firecats now), but I was never able to find one for the Zr2 chassis. Your's was as close as I could find.

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
And by the way... that is one messed up looking clutch weight. Its probably a good thing they put clutch guards on machines or I would guess you could have ended up with a hole to go along with the spider cracks in the hood.

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
haha i searched for weeks for a green chrome one too, i saw one on a sled around here, i tihnk it must have been chopped up to fit because no one had ever carried one that i talked to so i just had to go green, and yes more green is better, 3 things left i would like to get, green full board grips, green skid plate, green handlebar hooks and handlebar risers.

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
Cazwell said:
haha i searched for weeks for a green chrome one too, i saw one on a sled around here, i tihnk it must have been chopped up to fit because no one had ever carried one that i talked to so i just had to go green, and yes more green is better, 3 things left i would like to get, green full board grips, green skid plate, green handlebar hooks and handlebar risers.
I had the green full board grip plates. BUY THE FACTORY running boards... they are great! Don't buy any cheap stuff. Go get the actual Cat boards... you know the green ones with the "traction holes" punched in them. They work great. I also had some green handlebar hooks. I just had a $20 set from BJ hookers. Still work great though... especially in tight turns. Also... you may want a green extented brake lever... those are nice to have too.

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks guys ya i had held up some green screens and i thought i needed to keep the orange to keep some texture, the green really blended in, might try it anyways though. i flipped all of the screens around side to side and reformed them becuase the other side was faded to almost a pink color lol.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I think the orange screen go really well with the decals on the sled. That is a great looking 99 you got there caz.

I really liked the looks of cobra's old 500 too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts