Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is. Brand new! 2004 Arctic-Cat Z570 :cool:

Any tips for breaking it in?

more pics with the baby sled (370) coming soon! as soon as we get snow!

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
CONGRADULATIONS!!!!! nice sled man!! did you mix the first tank of gas with oil?? if you did, run that tank as low as possible before filling up again. dont run it full throttle for very long at a time, but short bursts are fine. have fun!!!

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys :cool:
Hillbilly800 said:
CONGRADULATIONS!!!!! nice sled man!! did you mix the first tank of gas with oil?? if you did, run that tank as low as possible before filling up again. dont run it full throttle for very long at a time, but short bursts are fine. have fun!!!
Haven't even started it yet, NO SNOW!!!
The owner's manual says to do a 100:1 mixture the first tank, my Dad thinks this might foul the plugs. Will it?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
My friend just got the same sled with electric start and reverse(LX version) and that thing runts mint is so nice and its got plenty of power, i rode it early december good luck with it!!

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SledRiderRMK80 said:
My friend just got the same sled with electric start and reverse(LX version) and that thing runts mint is so nice and its got plenty of power, i rode it early december good luck with it!!
pst, who needs Electric Start and Reverse? They just add weight!!! :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
if the owners manuel says to do a 100:1 mix, do it!! who gives a damn if it fouls the plugs, they're $7 for a pair.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
exactly i dont care if i have electric start or reverse but that sled is sweet

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey g-force, nice sled, i almost got the same thing but got a snopro instead since my dealer had a carryover. As hillbilly800 said,your supposed to mix the first tank of fuel with 90% breakin oil and the 10% thats left over in the tank. Then just fill the oil tank and get ridin. I broke mine in for 175 miles. You prob dont have to go this long but i did and iam havin no troubles at all at 300miles. happy ridin.:cool:

·
Registered
38 Posts
You need to bring that new machine up to Bruce County and break it in, they've finally promised us snow all week long.

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FormulaZ said:
You need to bring that new machine up to Bruce County and break it in, they've finally promised us snow all week long.
Bruce County? where's that? My sled is in Barrie....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just head west until you hit Lake Huron. The only way to get here today is by sled, all the roads are closed due to the storm that's hitting us.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts