Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Where are the wheels?
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Polaris XC600. Today was only my second day riding, but I'm in powder so I'm learning to carve. Today I managed to cut my turning radius in half and carve pretty decent, but also got tossed off the sled a couple times. I figure if the throttle ever sticks when that happens, it's bad news... I did some searching and found this:

If the sled is 99 or newer, it will have the plug for it already.

If that is the case, you can find them all over Ebay.
I snipped some of it, but that's the part that got my attention.

So, where is the plug for a tether on this sled? I looked on ebay and saw several styles for polaris, I figure if I could find where it goes I could tell what style.

I have a 2" thick Polaris service manual that came with the sled, but can't find an owners manual anywhere. Polaris has some online, but apparently 2000 is too old to get anything but supplements.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey i am doing the same thing. Off the back of my sled a few times today. Once i was holding on trying not to hit a tree and the tree swept me right off the sled. Fun none the less.

I found my tether outlet just behind the ignition. It is basicly a ground interupt circuit so it will have a brown wire heading into a "Flat Two" female peice. Looks roughly like this [l l] with two wires comming out the back.

good luck and cheers
J

1 - 2 of 2 Posts