Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone;

I just installed a mechanical type water temp guage on my '89 Wildcat 650. It work the very best.
I installed the guage because i don't like relying on a light!

At what temp will the stock light come on anyway?

I watched my guage on sunday on my 100mile run and it varried from 140'F to 190'F. It did creep up to 210 when i was coming home to my house, some riding on pavement, ie no tunnel cooling.

What is a temp to look out for? I would think 210 is getting up there.

Thanks for your help

GLen
http://members.rogers.com/gking/index.htm

·
Registered
74 Posts
It seems that your sled's cooling system is working good. The temp. should stay near 180. I'm not sure what temp. triggers the light but 210 is getting pretty hot. Anything more and I would be concerned. Ride up the sides of snowbanks when you can if you have to ride roads. Any little bit can help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No wiring involved.

I did not hook up the light because i have 12AC on my sled. The guage is a typical automotive type mechanical guage with the ether in the line. You have the option to hook up the light. Most of my riding is in the day.

I was talking to a guy(employee) at Canadaian Tire about these automotive guages being used on snowmobiles. This is where i bought the guage. He said he had 4-5 guages come back because they failed or don't work? Said they last a week and said they burn up??

I am curious how long mine will work. It does not make any sense about failing because of the heat!, HEAT IS HEAT! my guage was showing 140-190'F temps which make sense.

Maybe it's the vibration that causeing them to fail!

Thanks for the reply, appears my guage is working properly.

Glen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts