Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Snowmonkey
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whenever im getting adventurous and trying to carve a nice line across a hill or do some quick donuts in a deep field, snow manages to get inside my hood via a couple small vents. this snow quickly finds my belt, i instantly lose power, and more often than not, get stuck....:mad:

is it safe to duct tape over these vents? its not particularily hot out, so i dont think ill run the risk of over heating, and i can leave some of the smaller ones on the muffler side open, but there is a big one directly above the belt that causes all the problems.

any advice on how to solve this problem would be appreciated.

·
Registered
794 Posts
There are lots of vent kit suppliers out there companies like Mo Flo and extreme just to name a couple just do some searching and you will find all types of them. Almost all use a fine mesh that lets air through but stops the powder from getting in. Just taping off the vents isnt the best idea especially around the clutch as it increases clutch temps.

·
Registered
125 Posts
As already stated... i would do vents...especially on the clutch side (mountain fit hood has great ones- that are pretty cheap) but something that works really good for me is just running to a hardware store and buying a roll of screen door material for about $5 and covering your existing vents. It doesn't look as clean, but works good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts