Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1992 Indy 500sp EFI
Finally put a battery in it today and had it running (thank god). Had it running like an hour. I have no tail lights or brake lights, simple enough (seems). Where are the fuses? Are there any? Where do these lights get power? Headlight works high and low beams. Also heated grips and thumb heater don't function, little investigation and found heating elements wiring is a mess. Disconnected those (removed mess) - no difference. Please help.

Also, battery light started flashing. It does have the wrong plugs in it as suggested in another thread, I am not aware if they are resistor style or not. I did not have a volt meter handy to check voltage handy. The battery is probably bad, as it came with the sled, but it is strong enough to start the sled.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
For plugs I use BR8EIX which is an Iridium NGK plug that lasts a lot longer then the standard BR8ES. Check grounds for that stuff first because on a sled that old that is a good possibility of what is wrong. If the battery is bad then it won't run everything correctly. Also the main box that says Polaris EFI Injection has a red light on it as well. It should be solid if it isn't then it is flashing codes.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Pull your bulbs and check continuity first. If that's good check wiring harness that runs to tail lights. There should be a plug either right in front of seat on those older machines or just in front of gas tank. Pretty sure wires run inside of seat between seat bottom and foam. Might need to check continuity of wiring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts