1. Turn the machine off.
2. Lift the rear of the machine and safely support it off the ground.
3. Place a 10 lb. (4.5kg) weight on the track at a point approximately 16" (40.6 cm) ahead of the center of the rear idler wheel.
4. Check for proper slack between the track clip wear surface and the hi-fax. Take the measurement where the weight is hanging.
For the Edge with the 144", Polaris says you should have 3/8" to 1/2" (1 to 1.3 cm)
If you need to adjust,
5. Loosen rear idler shaft bolts on both sides of the machine
6. Loosen track adjuster bolt locknuts.
7. Tighten or loosen the track adjuster bolts evenly as necessary to obtain the proper track tension.
8. Tighten idler shaft bolts and adjuster bolt locknuts.
When you are done, spin the track a bit and check alignment by looking at the spacing of the rails through the track windows. They should be in the same position on both sides of the track.
If you can get by with a bit more slack without the track ratcheting, you will gain a little fuel mileage and maybe a bit more power to the ground. Loose tracks are easier for the engine to turn, but you don't want it so loose that the drivers don't engage the lugs on the back of the track.
Does anyone have or know someone who has used the Mtntk tunnel shortening kit? I’m curious about that kit and how well it holds up. My concern is that, if you’re stuck and your tunnel has snow pack underneath, will it push up on the plastic fittings that make it a closed loop again. Thanks
I am thinking about going to the bighorns this winter and would like to have my own sled for it. I am thinking about a 2007 600 rmk with a 155 in track but I am not sure if it will have the power for the deep snow. do you think a different sled will be a better idea or if this will work for the...
i have a 96 panterra 580 with a comet clutch the issue i have is one of the rollers is broken, do i need special tools to replace them ? the sled is 3 hrs away from me at my camp and was trying to get everything i need before i go on vacation next week
Ive been doing research and trying to find the best sled to shop for and i thought id look at the forum obviously and the pro videos and i thought id check what the rental companies are offering. Every rental place ive looked into is offering SkiDoo rentals.
Does SkiDoo have the best marketing...
ok I am looking at 2 arctic cats
* 2010 M8 153
* 2012 M8 153
I am going to buy one or the other however I have not been able to ride them. I would like Pro and cons of these 2 that someone have ridden both. I am new to the cat world from Polaris and I am doing a lot of homework on them both...