How adjust my track:

I have 04 600 RMK 144.

How the best way to do it?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
17,191 Posts
1. Turn the machine off.
2. Lift the rear of the machine and safely support it off the ground.
3. Place a 10 lb. (4.5kg) weight on the track at a point approximately 16" (40.6 cm) ahead of the center of the rear idler wheel.
4. Check for proper slack between the track clip wear surface and the hi-fax. Take the measurement where the weight is hanging.

For the Edge with the 144", Polaris says you should have 3/8" to 1/2" (1 to 1.3 cm)

If you need to adjust,

5. Loosen rear idler shaft bolts on both sides of the machine
6. Loosen track adjuster bolt locknuts.
7. Tighten or loosen the track adjuster bolts evenly as necessary to obtain the proper track tension.
8. Tighten idler shaft bolts and adjuster bolt locknuts.

When you are done, spin the track a bit and check alignment by looking at the spacing of the rails through the track windows. They should be in the same position on both sides of the track.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow thanks for the tip, if I can't adjust my track after this, I will sol my sled.

Thanks, and happy holidays.

·
Super Moderator
17,191 Posts
Most of that I copied out of the Polaris manual :D

If you can get by with a bit more slack without the track ratcheting, you will gain a little fuel mileage and maybe a bit more power to the ground. Loose tracks are easier for the engine to turn, but you don't want it so loose that the drivers don't engage the lugs on the back of the track.

Happy Holidays to you too!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts