Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 viper and have never owned a sled that has had a studded track. Some people that I have spoken to say that I am crazy not to have it picked, more traction,better brakeing ect. My questions are this is there really any downfall to having it done, and for my sled (wich is completly stock) what do I need to look for as far as pick size style ect. I have heard of heat exchanger gaurds if anyone is familiar with my sled any responce would be greatly appriciated................... thanks also any other sug on mods I would also be glad to read

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I just got a 04' Viper, and gee is it different with studs.... i have 144, it rides great and u dont slide on the ice

·
Registered
5 Posts
when i bought my viper last year i studded it. 96 stud's down the center in a v-shape. Really hook's up well especially on icy corner's, plus for braking purposes. If you have a rear heat exchanger definitly get the protectors,cheap insurance and their easy to install. You don't want to take a chance of hitting the exchanger out on the trail, you'll have a mess!

·
Registered
5 Posts
The protector's are for your rear heat exchanger[if you put one on your viper] they mount from the top of the rear tunnel to just above your snowflap. If you have a studded track and would happen to bottom out you'll most likely hit your exchanger with the stud's, and in some cases actually cut open your exchanger sending coolant all over. I don't have any picture's on hand but if you go to www.TotallYamaha.com and ask around in the forum's i'm sure somebody would have some picture's. They had some posted last season showing what kind of damage the stud's would do to the heat exchanger. Check it out, I hope this helps!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts