Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a used 2002 Skidoo Legend 700 GS (with RAVE) (1200 km or 750 miles) and a 2002 Skidoo MXZ 500 Fan (1800 km or about 1100 miles). I am convinced of spending the extra cash on synthetic oil...especially for the Legend 700 with the RAVE...but should I do it all at once or try blending for a little?

Stupid question probably but a friend of a friend was changing his 2002 MXZ 600 over to synthetic last year and I noticed he was mixing in his oil reservoir some dino with the synth. He was going to do that for a few tanks before going 100% synthetic..didn't think much about it at the time but since I have these sleds, it is now a question.

I can't see the benefits of weaning the engine of dino oil a little at a time but maybe someone else has words of wisdom on this.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Your supposed to drain it completely then replace with synthetic. Make sure its primed all the way through before starting and maybe mix in some with full to be sure. Not recomended to mix the 2.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
I drained the tank in mine almost all the way and filled it with synthetic. I didn't drain the lines because I didn't want to have to prime the system again. By the end of one ride it was all synthetic. No problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts