Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a few of us were talking about this so i thought i would post it some more.

I have now 40 miles on the switchback. I am very impressed with the way it rides and handles. It is also easy, considdering its size, to throw it around, tip it on its side while riding in powder to turn.
I got on my rmk yesterday and it felt stiff and gutless compaired to the switch back. That extra 18 hp makes a huge difference.

I was also able to pass a ZR like he was going the other way so it passed that test. Granted my rmk is a Gen II and there is no question the edge is better, but this is my first edge chasis.

Ayone else have switchback and what do you think of it?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Well glad to hear that its running good!! What was the Cat that you passed? Cobras by chance?

·
Registered
633 Posts
my dad has on, a 700, its nice, handles good, rides good, feels awwweeeesssommmmeeee when riding it, and i love the damn thing more than mine

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL

ah yess grasshopper, the arctic cat i passed was a zr 600. i passed him along with many cars. I will pass cobra as sooon as he ponnys up and gets out riding. i envite him on all these trips but i have yet to see him. . . . . .

but i wont be seeing him for long since i dont have mirrors on my sled and he will be behind dano :)

touche'

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
dano said:
LOL

ah yess grasshopper, the arctic cat i passed was a zr 600. i passed him along with many cars. I will pass cobra as sooon as he ponnys up and gets out riding. i envite him on all these trips but i have yet to see him. . . . . .

but i wont be seeing him for long since i dont have mirrors on my sled and he will be behind dano :)

touche'
Talk a pretty good game. And granted my 600 may not have the horsepower advantage... I believe it has an outright advantage as far as the skill and experience of the rider. :eek: Oooooh. Bring it on!

I'm more than ready for that race, unfortunately stupid finals week gets in the way... I may go home at 5 tonight and pull the sled into the garage and install the handguards (if I get this essay done). If your going to be around, call me up.

We will get out my video camera and have my bro record the race later in the year. That way we will be able to upload it to the forum so everyone can watch!

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Haha what can be better then friends arguing whos sled is better and who is a better rider!:p

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lets do it!! I am so in. Hopefully i will see cobra in Michigan.

Cobra, its you and me. On a side note since the switchback is soo good, I think i will ditch the RMK $3500 if my brother doesnt buy it after christmas.

Keep ya posted

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
dano said:
Lets do it!! I am so in. Hopefully i will see cobra in Michigan.

Cobra, its you and me. On a side note since the switchback is soo good, I think i will ditch the RMK $3500 if my brother doesnt buy it after christmas.

Keep ya posted
We will definately try to do the video.

As far as the RMK... if you get $3500 that would be awesome! You have comprehensive on the Switchback now I am assuming... so even if you did roll it you still wouldn't be out $8k right?

Dang... I'm heading home at like 2 today (hopefully) because I want to get the sled out and make sure its all in working order... install the handguards too.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Yeha i doubt i would get that much, but from mike i will only ask 3000, that way i can pocket the cash and still have use of a secound sled if needed.

yeah, got comprehensive and when i need to i can take the RMK as a back up, like when i go to wyoming this year :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts