Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Yamaha vmax 600 deluxe and was wondering how the suspension should be adjusted to obtain the best ride. I would think my weight would be a factor at 250 lbs. The front and rear are set at the lowest position at this time. Any suggestions would be appreciated

·
Registered
161 Posts
my weight would be a factor at 250 lbs. The front and rear are set at the lowest position at this time.
What is set at the lowest settings?

If you are consistently bottoming the suspension you will need stiffer springs first.

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
some models have threaded ajusters and others have a cam adjust. i will assume yours has the cam adjust.

the rear suspension has three adjustment points. front skid shock, rear skid shock, and the fra or full range adjuster.

what are your concerns with the suspension now? too much bottoming?

you say they are in the lowest setting, so if you have the black steel bodied shocks, your cam is at the 1 position? whats the tra set at, A, B or C?

yamaha bases their typical rider weight at 190-195 lbs, so your not that far off yet. the shock cam adjusters go from 1-7, 7 being stiffest on the preload. the more preload, the more resistance to bottoming out.

take a moment and see exactly where your settings are and you can adjust from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts