Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Runnin Against The Wind!
8,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I read a thread about someone who was able to put a different suspension in there V -Max. I have a 94 V-Max and was wondering if I could put some type of suspension in mine with more travel. If so, what type would fit?
Any one with any thought's?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Any of the Pro-Action suspensions will fit with minimal modifications....hole re-drilling and spacers. There are several people over at VMax4.com that have put newer skids on. "Mark the Shark" has an '03 RX-1 skid in his. I've got an '02 Viper skid going in mine. And "Gate" just put an SC-10 from a SkiDoo in his!

·
Runnin Against The Wind!
8,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, thanks. Looks like I have some options.Are you changing yours on your V Max 4 to get more travel?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes. I don't know if it's the short travel, my fat ass, or a bad shock, but I bottom out more than I care to.

Probably won't start working on it till this summer.

Here's the ride height of the stock suspension:

Here's what it looks like with a Pro-Action Plus skid:

·
Runnin Against The Wind!
8,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&item=2466921572&sspagename=STRK:MEBWA:IT Now that's more like it. What sled suspension is the pro action plus from? Would it be from a newer model Yamaha sled? Would I be able to use my original track?
Check out this V-Max 4 on e-bay. Tell me what ya think.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Pro-Action Plus skids are on the SXViper and RX-1. They might be on others, but I know those two for sure. You'll be able to use the original track, not problem. The spacers are needed because the tunnel is a little narrower.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Dude....what is your problem? He's asking about putting more suspension on a VMax, not what sled should he get. Why do you feel the need to pimp SkiDoo on everybody who's asking advice?

·
Runnin Against The Wind!
8,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=2466921572&sspagename=STRK:MEBWA:IT Did you buy this skid new? Keep me posted if you hear anyone selling one. I'd like to see yours when your finished putting in the skid. Also would like to know about what alterations are needed to do this job.
Thanks.

Check out the V-Max 4 at the site on top of this thread and let me know what you think.:confused:

·
Registered
233 Posts
i always loved those sleds. i thing no one has ever made one into what it couls be. the first 4cyl :eek:

·
Registered
81 Posts
snowrida said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=2466921572&sspagename=STRK:MEBWA:IT Did you buy this skid new? Keep me posted if you hear anyone selling one. I'd like to see yours when your finished putting in the skid. Also would like to know about what alterations are needed to do this job.
Thanks.

Check out the V-Max 4 at the site on top of this thread and let me know what you think.:confused:
I bought the skid used, but it was hardly used. The guy only ran the sled a hundred miles or so before switching to an M10.

That VMax-4 looks nice! There are a few things that could be wrong (twisted crank, etc) but that's always a possibility. I wonder what his reserve is?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm not disputing that.

The guy's got a VMax. He asked about what skid to put in to get more travel. Not what sled he should get that has more travel.

As for the SkiDoo SC-10 skid, it has just as much travel as a Pro-Action Plus. Nobody's done a comparison between these two skids independent of the sleds they originally came from.

·
Runnin Against The Wind!
8,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
sled neck said:
its just the truth.stock yamaha got no travel and bombardier do so face it
JCH is correct.I am just asking what type of skid I could use. It's nice to speak with someone that has some knowledge about this issue. I have no intention on owning a ski-doo, I have a very dependable sled now. I am just tinkering the idea of making a little project
with my V Max to add more travel. I'm aware this has been done with this type of sled, and would like to do it to mine. I plan on keeping my sled for many more years and it would be nice to do this type of project together with my boy's so they can learn also.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm going to try and get this done this spring or early summer. First we have to clean out my father-in-laws garage to make room for the sled.

I'll be taking a lot of pictures since I'm doing a writeup on my website.

·
Runnin Against The Wind!
8,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Sounds great! I'd like to see the finished project. Keep me posted, and maybe you can give me some advise on how to do this. Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was just indicating that bombaridier is better than yamaha and it was only a joke man so ur the one with the problem(JCH).O yeah good luck with that new suspension idea i think it looks great on the attached image that there.Maybe u should look into the m-10 suspension skid frame.Well i dunno if it will fit or anything but im just giving u an idea to try

My 2 cents:D

·
Registered
81 Posts
I know...I get a little testy. ;) I just get tired of people harping about Yamaha.

The M-10 would be a better solution, but expensive. You can pick up a used ProAction Plus for about $300. A M-10's (used) is about $800. For the casual rider, the additional expense is just too much.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts