Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help finding the tool i need to adjust my front suspension. What the hell is it called?!?!?! If anyone has any ideas, thanks! (this is what happens when a chick tries to fix her own sled!)

·
Registered
329 Posts
We would like to help you! Think we need a bit more info though. If it is the tool (I think) your talking about to adjust the front shocks, it should be in your tool kit that comes with the sled. It is located under the hood, usully in a small black pouch. This tool is shaped like a letter "C" If you still have your owners manual, it will show and tell you exactly how to make the adjustments and how to use the tool. Hope that gets you pointed in the right direction!

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
its called a spanner wrench, but you can turn the spring with your hand.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
See thats my problem. We have tried to turn it by hand and no go. Yes the "c" Tool is the one that i need. haha When i bought the sled, the tool kit was missing (same with the owner's manual). On my belt cover are directions for adjusting the front end but once again, i need the tool. ha Im trying to get a hold of one but my dealer does not stock them. Any ideas? I have tried e-bay and i can't find one for it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
If you have any other riding friends that have Ski-Doo's, see if you could borrow that "C" (spanner) wrench. That would be my best advice. All the Doo's should have that wrench in it's tool kit though. I am surprised your dealer couldn't come up with one for you (at least let you borrow one)? I would maybe try another Ski Doo shop and see if they can help, but first see if you can borrow the thing from a friend.

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
turn harder, you can get them at any snowmobile dealer, parts unlimited has them, bobs cycle has them, your dealer has them trust me. its not like a spanner wrench is real specialized.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts