Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, let me start for the top. I have a 1996 Formula III LT. It doesnt have the original 600, it has a 1993 470 in it. To make a long story short, I had a motor that needed a chassis and body, a local guy had what I needed, so we threw the motor in. The motor is in unbelievebly good condition compression test showed 145 in each cylinder.

Now for the question. My buddy has a 1994 MXZ with a blown motor. I hate the bulkyness of the Formula III, its a pretty heavy machine. So Im thinking of buying this MXZ and swapping my motor into it. I love the rear suspension on my Formula III, Im a big guy and need something that can handle my weight beating it on jumps. Is it possible to put my suspension from the Formula onto the MXZ? Im expecting that it will take time and effort and some modification, Im just wondering if anyone has successfully completed this, and if its a good idea. Thanks in advance.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
You should get quite a few answers here. What I can say is measure and compare bolt mounting locations, slide length, etc. to see if it'll match up. Are the tracks the same length?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts