Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Skidoo 550f. I am wondering if there is much adjustment I can do to the rear suspension besides the torsion springs? I find I am getting really beaten up on the trails and the machine bottoms out very easily. Also wondering about front shocks? The machine has 4400kms and I weigh 185lbs. If I need new shocks or some good rebuilt ones, what should I get? Thanks!

·
Registered
170 Posts
there are numorus adjustments and adjustment combinations you can do to dramaticly change how sled rides and preforms. first off if your bottomin alot and bouncin all over. i would; 1, limiter straps (2 straps in front or rear suspension) Sit on sled have someone look make sure straps have about a 2in bow in them (not tite) this will alow 4 more shock travel. 2 titen front track shock. in your tool kit is a 1/2 moon shock wrench. lift rear of sled to take pressure off titen shock spring,try 2nd or 3rd highest. leave rear springs in middle.

·
Registered
170 Posts
from there if your happy w rear. great! if not keep playin w it. its a trade off of ride quality, cornering, and speed. to each there own. you may find now that sled turns to easy. if so loosen front shocks a bit. if not keep um titer. i prefer titer, they bottom less, react quicker and less inside ski lift. if sled steers to easy,i prefer to titen those straps and increase front track shock even more. i dont feel 4 your goals you will have to do that. p.s front shocks are adjusted w that same wrench (ritey titey)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.