Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 Polaris 600 classic has m-10, I've heard it slows down speed and is bad for jumping, should I replace the skid/suspension. I have the money but I need your opinions

·
Super Moderator
17,198 Posts
The M-10 suspension was known for a plush ride on the trails. The Edge suspension that was also offered in 2005 is not that much more robust. Taking the time and effort to swap in an Edge probably would not give you a lot of benefit if you want to jump it a lot.

There are race sleds and Pro sleds that are set up to hit the bumps hard, a suspension out of one of those would be a lot stiffer and capable. Mounting different suspensions is not plug and play, you have to get the mounting locations exact to maintain the suspension geometry. Putting the holes in the wrong place can bind the suspension and cause tunnel or suspension damage if not done correctly.

In 2009, Polaris came out with the 144" RMK Assault suspension. That track was really stiff and that suspension was made to take a LOT of abuse. Not many were sold, but if you could find a dead one for cheap....

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
You really are not going to get better then a M-10. That was a upgrade on those sleds. Even now they are considered a cadillac suspension. I wouldn't mess with it if it was me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The M-10 suspension was known for a plush ride on the trails. The Edge suspension that was also offered in 2005 is not that much more robust. Taking the time and effort to swap in an Edge probably would not give you a lot of benefit if you want to jump it a lot.

There are race sleds and Pro sleds that are set up to hit the bumps hard, a suspension out of one of those would be a lot stiffer and capable. Mounting different suspensions is not plug and play, you have to get the mounting locations exact to maintain the suspension geometry. Putting the holes in the wrong place can bind the suspension and cause tunnel or suspension damage if not done correctly.

In 2009, Polaris came out with the 144" RMK Assault suspension. That track was really stiff and that suspension was made to take a LOT of abuse. Not many were sold, but if you could find a dead one for cheap....
Say i had $800 to dump into it, what do you think I should do to it

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Better off selling yours and putting that extra money with it for a newer sled. You can pick up 2008-2014's for around 2000-2500 if you look around hard enough.

·
Super Moderator
107 Posts
You want to jump ? Buy a race sled. That's designed for jumping. Yours is not.

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts