Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference between a 1996 s chassis Summit 670 and a 1998 Summit X 670. I ask this because I have a chance to get the 1998 Summit x chasis at a good price. I currently have a 96 Summit that has a great motor but a bad chasis, I bent a few things. I was curious what it would take to put my 670 in the 98 Summit X, would this be a plug and play or would electrical and motor mounts have to be reworked?:dunno:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well I have a 99 summitx First off the ngine in the summitx is a high output or HO if you will. it has bigger carbs than the 96 light weight seat. those are some of the differances. biggest is the hp mine has DESS not sure if 98 did or not that is a security system skidoo has. maybe some else can pipe in and say more. I am relatively new to sledding

·
Mountain Man
423 Posts
It should bolt right in as I think they used the same 670 cases and both are s chassis. I would swap the 96 harness to get rid of the dess. Might have to do stator, cdi to get it to be plug and play. Look at the connectors and see. Worst case on the motor would be swapping motor mounts. Might also need to use 96 air box. It should be an easy swap. You will probably need to use the 96 pipes and can. I'd go for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.