Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've recently bought my first sled, a summit 700 from 2000, really fun snowmobile but it's taken a lot to get it running right. It's almost perfect now but i've got a problem with it bogging down when i go really fast, I can pin the throttle and it accelerates fine, but when I get to around 7k rpm it's like I hit the kill switch and I loose speed and then it comes back, if i just let off the throttle a little it picks up again. I suspect it might be the belt overheating and slipping but I don't really know what that feels like. I did have problems with my old belt slipping because it was worn out and it felt kinda the same but at lower rpm. The belt i've got right now is a 417 300 127 but the specs says it should be a 417 300 128. I've got a clutch kit on as well if that makes a difference. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Will it do it if you hold it at 3/4 or even 7/8 throttle? Might be not getting enough fuel. 1999-2000 is about when they switched from HAC to MPEM, do you know which one yours has?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will it do it if you hold it at 3/4 or even 7/8 throttle? Might be not getting enough fuel. 1999-2000 is about when they switched from HAC to MPEM, do you know which one yours has?
It'll do it on any throttle input as long as i try to accelerate past 7k or with a big load on the engine. My theory right now it that the lower part if the secondary isn't clean. When I first put on the new belt it was slipping a lot until i cleaned the clutches, felt kinda the same as now, but i couldn't really properly reach the lower parts of the secondary so i'll try that later today.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm pretty sure it says MPEM on the electrical bow.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
About clutch alignment?

The rubber piece between the engine and the chassis still there (called the stopper)? It is like an engine mount, but it just pushes the motor to keep the motor lined up. They often get smashed and chewed up, even break off. Specially on the 670's and bigger motors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
About clutch alignment?

The rubber piece between the engine and the chassis still there (called the stopper)? It is like an engine mount, but it just pushes the motor to keep the motor lined up. They often get smashed and chewed up, even break off. Specially on the 670's and bigger motors.
I'm not in the garage right now but i'll check those out later today. Thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts