Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is getting closer to the end of the season and i need to know what to do with my sled for winter its been sitting for a year or so then we put about 200 ish miles on it this winter without doing anything to it. What should we do to keep her running? Anyother cheap things we can do to it to keep it in good contition and maybe improve the preformance?

·
Registered
57 Posts
summer prep

First thing I would do is drain all the fuel you can. Fill your oil tank to top. remove spark plugs and spray some Tri- Flow in,pull starter a few times and replace plugs. Maybe a good time to clean and wax machine. make shure to store in nice dry place. Take weight off suspension. It is a good time to clean carburators and rebuild shocks easy to do and does not cost much. Inspect wires, track, and check for loose or missing bolts. When you are ready to ride next fall change chaincase oil. The summer is a good time to think about mods. or improvments you want to try. Good Luck...:)

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Also, grease any suspension and steering fittings. These are often forgotten. Everyone's opinion is different on fuel, but I fill mine to the gills every spring and add Sta-Bil or some other fuel stabilizer to the tank, then run it to get it into the carbs. I've never had a bad fuel problem. Plus around July or so, Ill run it for a few minutes anyway, so it'll rotate the fuel through. Plus I need to get a hit of 2 stroke smell in the summer to keep me in line :D :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts