Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I parked my 1997 Arctic Cat ZRT 600/manual start 2 weeks ago after 200 miles of great riding in NH. Drove it into the back of my pickup and headed home. Now, it won't run, even after some starting fluid, it just burns off and immediately stalls. From what I can see & check, the fuel filter is clean and it flows ok. The lines to the carbs from the fuel pump are all full of gas. The line from the filter to the pump, has a 2 inch air bubble in it?? Never had this problem before. Also, when I drive back home with the machine in the truck, I DID shut the fuel line off first. Do I have a vent problem somewhere or a fuel pump problem or what?????? I'm stumped and PO'd. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Well, you have done it all right this far, my sudgestion was goin to be a fuel pump OR your engine is not geting enough air. Try taking off your air bow and see, then make sure the carbs both open and shut as per usual, then runn it again. Do you have reeds? if you do maybe its one of those is broke or stuck. Try those and then we will go from there.:) Obviously it isnt geting air or fuel or both, the question is why. let me know.

dano

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
response to dano

Thanks for the reply dano. I've traced it to a (1)gas tank vent tube problem and (2)stuck carb needles. I've been told to re-pressurize the tank by blowing into the vent tube, place my thumb over it, and then tap all the carb bowls with a wrench, and listen for the gas to flow back into the carbs. Questions is, (I hate to admit it), but where is the vent tube located, I looked quickly but could not find it? Is it clear, thick, thin, and where is it?

·
Registered
711 Posts
The vent tube for the gas tank should be at the top front of the tank. Usually is just a fuel line leading from the op of the tank, down the front and then comes out somwhere under or behind the vent box. Its usually a small line than the rest and can be burried a little, but open your hood and look at the front top of the tank.:)

dano

·
Registered
8 Posts
if the vent line is in the same place as my 01 ZR600 it is on the right side top of the fuek tank and runs across the top behind the airbox and down the left side just inside of the footwell behind the secondary clutch. should be a 1/4 inch line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts