Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a new sled, was wondering bout studs. How many studs should I run on a 2005 F7 Efi Sno Pro and what length? Thanks

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Agreed, 144-196, and what size lugs do you have on your track?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
They sound like a good height, but i would go with 144 studboys or woodys.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Give Woody's a call, they have brand new patterns this year, Where you don't have to skip any rows. I think the pattern i'm going to go with is 151 studs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
dealer said:

I was told that 102 is recomended. that leaves n o blank spots. They also said not to put anything on the outter part of the track.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I wouldnt recommend putting any studs on the outside of the track either, they tend to rips out easier.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
102 really? that seems like a small amount for a 700

·
Registered
11 Posts
I run 102 in my 03 F7 works really well you get a little slide in the corners but the hookes up very little track spin.

03/03 F7
01 ZL/ 99 COUGAR
96 EXT :D

LET IT SNOW!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
alright not to confuse the issue but 144 155 sounds good, now awhat about carbide length?? Wont the sled push the corner with out upping what it comes with from the manu/ I have, and I think about 4" of carbide on duals? your thoughts?

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
if you overstud then you'll need longer/better carbides to compensate or else, yes, your sled will push in corners.

IMO I hate a sled that pushes, I'd much rather have one that the back end hangs out all the time :)

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
:confused:

I'm not saying I'm not a wise @ss, but I alteast gave you some information on your question, if not completly answering the question.

·
Registered
56 Posts
the firecats are made to be light sleds and therefor dont like to have alot of stuff on the track you can put as many studs as you want on a 900 and it wont change a thing. My dealer does testing and he said that an F7 with 102 studs is 4 mph faster then one with 144 studs. and with the 900's it was just a matter of the more you put on the more traction you got and the faster you will go.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I guess that makes sense. More power behind the 900, compared to a very light and quick 700, My FCAT seemed to be extremely light pullin it back in the garage and on the trails u could almost pull it over under the right conditions but really? How much extra weight could 50 studs be ya know???

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
i'd say about around there to, they arent as light as u think they are

1 - 20 of 20 Posts