Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have reccently purchased a 2001 yamaha sx600r with 600 miles on it. I was going to stud it, and was interested in any suggestions. I am not sure of the horsepower of this triple, I am not able to find it on the net or in the owners manual. The use of the sled is general trail riding, with some road crossing. Please give me some suggestions or tips.
thanx

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
give it 144 in the track in a V shaped pattern, the patterns are all over the internet, and the placement guide templates are all over also for a few bucks, check ebay too. 144 should be perfect for your sled though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
for a 600 and general trail riding 96 studs will do it. going with 144+ you would be studding the outside of your track. this can lead toward track tears.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I say go with 96...this will get you enough traction to pull a wheelie and get you up those solid ice hills, you can also spin the track around corners to have some fun, too many and you'll just pick the front end up and go into the woods...lol....not too mention a little cheaper

·
Registered
106 Posts
My 500 has 96 picks and I think it is perfect. Mine are in the popular reverse "V" pattern in the center of the track. I've got 4300 miles on the track and there is no bad wear to speak of. Go with 96 and see how it is. You have a few more horses than me, but I wouldn't be surprised if you were happy with 96 for general trail riding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts