Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is a bunch of threads already on this but I wanted some opionions on mine. Track was put on brand new last year. 1.25 camplast ripsaw. Just noticed last night 1st stud pulled through and of course it has to be on the outside. I guess good thing is it didnt rip a huge hole but still a hole none the less. A lot of the other ones I read said get a new track. Well like I said this pretty much is a new track and I can afford a new one. Was wondering if maybe I could put a bigger backing plate on our something to cover hole being that its not that big?? Is this something to really worry about?? Thanks

I attached a couple pics

Attachments

·
Registered
588 Posts
I wouldn't get a new track because of it, but I have never been a fan of studs on the outside. I've had quite a few pull out there. (sleds I bought that already had been studded on the outside) the sled I just got this year had them too and I'm planning on taking them back out.

·
Live to ride
2,682 Posts
If your going to stud a track dont do the outside. I would ride it the way it is, just keep an eye on it. I put over 600 miles on mine like that, and it hasn't started to rip or anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.