Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 94’ 440 sks w/ 133.5in track this summer, where I live the snow can be quite powdery and decently deep even on the “trails”, so I was wondering what stud length and type of track should I get (136in w/ adjustments) or is there a better solution.
I have been slipping and having troubles getting over snow banks and such in particular. Thanks for your feedback!

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Are you going to go off trail i.e boondocking, mountain riding and what not? If not then just get a Ice Attack 1.063" it has 244 built in studs and then put 6" carbides on it with plastic skis. That is the max you can go with a studded track so either a .91" track with 1" studs or the Ice Attack option. If no studs then you can go up to 1.25" but watch the center radiator big time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I may be doing some boondocking, I’ll have to see how much room I have in the front of the tunnel though as if I remember correct there was a bolt there sticking out. I will look into both of the options you suggested. Although are studs worthwhile, as I will lose some stud? Thank you for the recommendations.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
This is what it looks like. Personally I am going to one of these when I get another snowmobile or have to change a track on one of the two I own now. Tired of sitting on concrete floors with a stud drill installing studs for 2-3 hours. For an Ice Attack to fit on yours you will need to get an extension from 133.5" to 136" as they don't come in the 133.5" size. Those extension kits are found in the catalog link below and are not expensive and very easy to put. Tbh I would do it in a heartbeat vs as I said installing studs again.

Extension link below with the part numbers or order from there.

Look at the Ice Attack and its information

This place is the cheapest I have found for it so far at $655 plus $20-30 in shipping.

Good luck and lemme know if you need anymore help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.