Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not properly covert up the carbs on the engine and sprinkler water got inside and glued the round plungers to the wall of the carbs with lime and calcium build up. I already used some CLR to try and remove it but did not work as much as i needed it to. is there anything you guys know about that could help to clean it? I looked at replacement carbs but I don't have cash to replace all of them for $279.

·
Super Moderator
18,299 Posts
I would have tried the CLR too.. maybe let it sit longer? After that, maybe penetrating oil... corrosion is tough to get away from. I had a stuck plunger and the cable end broke. I ended up having to drill a hole in it and then tap it and pull it out with a machine screw. It was really in there. Any way you do it, it's a pain.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Had a stuck choke plunger in one. I put it in Simple Green solution and a ultrasonic cleaner. After running it twice for 30 minutes, it finally came out.

·
Registered
26,048 Posts
Sounds more like he has the slides stuck not just the choke plungers!

Honestly I would set them into a bucket of BioDiesel and leave them!
Then go to the Swap Meets this fall and pick up another set for $50 bucks

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya I was kind of thinking that might work, just wanted to see if there was anything else because I don't have one yet. well that will be on my shopping list for next time. I want to do all that I can because I don't want to scrap this engine.

·
Registered
26,048 Posts
As long as the engine itself didn't get wet it will be fine!
Try just rotating motor back and forth, is it smooth or gritty?

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Polyzag?

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Work with more than just carbs. Anything that can fit inside. Heck, the first thing I cleaned was a fuel pump and some rubber intake boots. Worked great.

This is the one I bought. I think the only complaint I have about it is the very odd noises it makes for the ultrasonic and they are amplified by the outside case.

I bought the Simple Green - SMP13406 Extreme Aircraft and Precision Cleaner, 1 Gallon Bottle 13406
and Master Stages CLEAN2020/1G Clean 2020 Washing Compound for Ultrasonic and Immersion Washers, Pale Yellow, 1 gal Jug.

Of the two, the Simple Green did a much better job, but I'm playing around with the mixture still on the Master Stages.

Reactions: Coolhand and BC_Dan

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
That is on my list as well. Going to be picking one up in the next couple of years once I buy my new toy that isn't a snowmobile for once. Will definitely be useful, used to have one but it was so old it finally crapped out on use 20 years ago right before we moved up here. 150 bucks or a 170 for the bigger one which is what I would need for the stuff I will be doing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts