Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have looked around a bit, and lot's of guy's have posted the combo's that they run but they are all over the place. my thought was we could start a new sticky with peoples combo's that noob's or people with less clutch knowlege could use a a reference when trying to get dialed in. i have good knowledge when it comes to engines but not much experience when it comes to clutches for sleds. i find there are lot's of choices and not much real world info on good packages that work. like spring weight combo's, or helix ramp spring combo's. i know we could just go and buy a kit but that may not be possible with today's economy some may just want to change a spring or need a different weight set up and can't swing the bucks for a kit! i have spent about a day looking around here and other sites looking for a good baseline setup for my sled and it seems like we could have made it easier for all of us with a sticky like this. tell me what you think guy's. thanks

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so i will start off i have a 2004 xc 700 it is stock just jetted down a step,it was rich. now i want to try and get the most out of my cluthes,i am a large guy i weigh in at 275. it has a stock primary and a team clutch with perc. it would seem by my research that a good base setting is almond blue on the primary and 10-64 weights. the belt side clearance is.019 the belt deflection is set. the sled pulls ok just seems a bit lazy. the springs are of an unknown age so i plan on replacing both, thats why i am looking at combo's i may as well do any improvments when i freshen the springs. the clutches are clean and seem to work well the secondary was replaced with a new one two years ago when a bushing went out on the previous owner but he used the original spring! for some reason. any info or combo's to try would be great. thanks

·
Registered
328 Posts
i just keep m ine pretty simpl eand go off the adjustments that are offered on the clutch, i changed my primary to a black and green then swithced the preload setting on the secondary to 4 and sheeve distance to 1 and it pulls like crazy now, just cant put the power donw all it does it spin the track endlessly whcih is good for not really spending anything

1 - 3 of 3 Posts