Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used Arctic Cat 600 Powder Special EFI and would like some help adjusting the steering. The handle bar is slghtly to the right when the sled skis are straight is there any adjustment to correct this? I would appreciate any help I can get, it is annoying steering to the right all the time.

Thanks

·
Registered
482 Posts
Get yourself a LONG straight edge, Like a peice of angle iron about 8 -10' long.
lay it beside your track and run it up beside the inside of your ski.
that will give you a straight line to go by when you adjust your steering arms.
now turn your handlebars so there straight, as the way you want them.
now look at your straight edge. you have one ski out or 2.
now you have to adj the steering arms that connect to the spindle (the spindle is what the ski is attached to.)

when you think you got it, take the straight edge and check BOTH sides along your track and up the inside of the skis to make sure you are straight on both sides.

It takes a little work but you'll get it.;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only "manual" I found was a Chilton's Arctic Cat handbook, this handbook claimed that it was not a repair manual but did cover some topics like a manual. Any suggestions on where else there might be a repair manual available?

Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
What year? I just sold a manual for my old 95 580 EXt and it covered powder specials. The dealer will have or be able to order you the correct manual for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts