Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i removed the stator on my arctic cat ext efi 580, 1996
anyone know who rewinds em? only one coil is burned its got 10 of em

·
Registered
160 Posts
try looking at electrexusa.com they have all kinds of different coils. for rewinding them ask your dealer, but i don't really think they might be ab;e to help because i tried to get help from them and said that most shops around stoped doing that. electrex has them for cheap and if you only want one out of a set make sure you call to do that, thats what i had to do. hope this helps.:D

·
710 Posts
smallengineguy said:
It'd probably cost more to rewind than replace...
Last time I checked the 600 Cat stators are $450-$500. A rewind was maybe $100-$200 for the same model. Not sure if the 580 are different but $500 is way to much and a big problem on 98-99 600's.

·
710 Posts
Stator Rewinders

Electric Tech. – 508-478-0692…….$150……Lifetime warranty
Stator Corp. – 508-478-0976……….$150……2 year warranty
Ricky’s Stator – 619-449-3905……..$150……warranty?

·
710 Posts
Thanks...I'll take that as a compliment. Lakes Region here. The Cat info......pretty much all I have owned is Cat's and I am pretty mechanically inclined so that helps. Plus I can't stand paying the dealer big $$$ when I can do it right and take the time to do all the little details, not just slap it together. I know some on the other brands and help when I can but stick mainly to Cat's in general. I just like to help some people out and this site seemed to lack a little support with things and some of the other sites I had issues with locals (in my area) being big A-Holes on those sites so I settle here alot of the time. Sad part is if you haven't noticed my sleds are for sale in here because I'm losing intrest in the sport. Of course that doesn't mean that I will stop giving advice if I sell them but for right now I would like to put my attention to other hobbies. Sorry for the long reply but that about explains it........

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Cool! I work in Gilford quite often. I've also checked out other forums, not that good. Why did you lose interest? Lack of snow?

·
Registered
10 Posts
my 1997 ZL440 blew a stator plate 2 weeks after delivery. warranty took care of it. not sure of the cost , but the dealer said to me that i wouldn`t want to pay for it!!!!!

PS been an great sled, after that.

·
710 Posts
smallengineguy said:
Cool! I work in Gilford quite often. I've also checked out other forums, not that good. Why did you lose interest? Lack of snow?
Most of the people I ride with sold sleds for 4 wheelers and a few of the others are busy with other things as well. But the lack of snow doesn't help either. Of course once I sell my sleds we will have great winters.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
stator

the burned coils on my stator are removable therefore i'm getting new ones to replaced em there now rebuilt or rewound

1 - 15 of 15 Posts