Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a new Wiseco pistons kit in my 2000 zx440. Its getting gas, its getting spark, but still not firing. and yes, the plugs are good. tethers connected, kill button is off.

does anyone have an idea why this isnt firing?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the plugs are totally soaked. I dont have a compression tester, but it does seem to have good compression.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Either the carbs are filthy or the chokes are sticking open, letting too much fuel in. Might want to try to put fresh plugs in it, then try to start it with no choke and throttle slightly open.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i pulled the bowls off the carbs today and sprayed everything with eather cuz i didnt have any carb cleaner on hand. then put some new plugs in. still didnt fire. the floats are working fine. i dont know about the jetting, they may still be gummed up. This sled got a primer, no choke.

do you think it could be that the variable exhaust is dirty? if so, how the hell do you clean them without messing up the adjustment?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used a compression tester on it today, one sides read 60, the other said 80. I'm guessin that the base gasket isnt in right.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Compression has nothing to do with the base gasket. The head gaskets are bad or the cylinders are junk. Pull the head off and take a look. Are you sure you put the pistons in the right way? They do have a front and back side....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts