Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it hurt starting my snowmobile off the primary clutch? The pull start brok on it and I am just wondering if it hurts anything starting it off the primary. Thanks.

·
2011 800 Pro R Rush Retro
260 Posts
on my xcr there is a strap that came with it that is supposed to go around the primary as a back up in case the recioil broke so i would think its ok

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I didn't think it hurt anything, but I just want to be sure. I don't really want to spend $80 for a used recoil either.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's more then the springs though. The pull start stayed latched to the motor and it spun it backwards throught the recoil. I didn't notice it right away though. After all was said and done I ended up with a few broken pieces. I have some pictures of it in the Polaris section a few days ago.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not to sound like a jack a$$, but where's my rope going to go? Also, I could just go to Rural King and buy some new rope. Or just look in my barn.

·
Sled Of The Month Judge
2,819 Posts
I mean snap, say you stop on the trail. You try to start again and it snaps. Then you will be stranded. That is why it has a spare rope. And not just any rope will work, usually they have a special plastic gizmo that you need. If that plastic thing on the end breaks then you are truly out of luck.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't ride on the trail, because there aren't any around me. I just mainly ride around my house and my friend's. Any rope will work, because right now I am just using a rope that I found laying in my friends barn.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts