Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 f7 efi and i'm having a starting issue. Well it starts and runs fine but the problem is it takes anywhere from 4 to 6 pulls. As far as i know the first pull sets the ecm and the second one it should start. It has always done that up until last season it started doing that but it was more like 3 pulls but now it has changed (more pulls). I talked to a dealer and he said to check the ignition timing sensor (ohms) it ohmed out at 94.2 my book says between 140 and 222. I read either on this forum or arctic chat that some one said there should be some where around 90 ohms. i guess my question is two parts 1. does anybody know the correct ohms. 2. if it is ohming fine what else could it be. I have another problem... my speedometer lights and gauges go out sometimes and then come back if i hit the gas hard but when i let back off it does it again. But sometimes it works just fine ant ideas other than those two things in runs great. Any help would be great. thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I have checked all of them and found nothing except for the voltage regulator connector was pulled apart about a 1/8 of an inch it had a little tiny bit of corrosion i cleaned it up and put some dielectric grease in the connection but i still don't think that was my starting issue maybe speedo problem. i'm going to check the grounds tonight after work matbe one of them is loose or corroded. Other than that i don't know any ideas?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked steering post wires and found everything to be fine. The motor to stator ground was a bit rusty as was the motor to frame i cleaned both and put back together everything is back together i'm waiting till the morning to fire it up too late now any other help would be great. I still don't think i've found the problem but will find out in the a.m. thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts