Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my moms 1999 formula z 500 rave, is in mint condition other then she has just recently had a problem with her starter...my dad asked me to post a topic asking what could be wrong here? the battery is not dead... and he was wondering if it would be possibl;e to rebuild the starter? thanxs for ur help guys...any opinion will be help full!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
cmon yall someone must know something????
bump

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
What's the starter doing? Clicking, nothing at all? If it does nothing the solenoid might be bad. If it clicks, the starter itself might be bad. Or the key switch might be the problem. Short across the two solenoid bolts, if it cranks, then you have a bad key switch, etc.

·
Registered
57 Posts
yes it should be

Yes it should be rebuildable.Take it to a local electric rebuilder shop to have it tested. problem is it still might be cheaper to buy a new one. The shop would probably need to order parts and you would not save much...:(

·
Registered
31 Posts
Exactly. It will cost alot to rebuild. I know the starter on my dads quad isn't too great and to rebuild it is gonna cost a fortune. Plus who knows how long you would have to wait for the right parts to come in.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dont think we would care about the wait because the snow condition here in ontario isnt really that great so i think the majority of our sledding is done for now ne wayz...thanxs alot aswell guys/gals for all of ur help!!! it was greatly appreciated....any other views are welcome!!!
thanxs
devin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts