Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Vintage Sled Pilot
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These sleds are suffering from SSS (Sad Sled Syndrome). It doesn't have to be this way. With just a small contribution of 6" of snow from Mother Nature, these sleds could be frolicking playfully out in the fields.... Sorry, I'm just bored out of my gourd waiting for SNOW IN MICHIGAN!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm just south of all the snow that has been hitting ohio. Although ohio really isn't the place to snowmobile. An hour or so north of me had 16 inches and we were left with a dusting that melted off today with our 40 degree day. :( Just want to ride.

·
Trevor
4,135 Posts
We have around I'd say 4 inches on the ground, and a storm coming tomorrow that will hopefully drop another 4-9 inches from what they're saying!! Took my sled out today and put on 5 miles!! Thats a little clip from riding today..

·
Sconnie
1,745 Posts
sounds like you got quite the sticky clutch or somethin goin on there.

only cure for SSS is snow!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sounds like storm is a coming over the weekend. won't be much good for us in Grand Rapids but farther north.... maybe.

·
Terrain Dominator
1,918 Posts
We have around I'd say 4 inches on the ground, and a storm coming tomorrow that will hopefully drop another 4-9 inches from what they're saying!! Took my sled out today and put on 5 miles!! Thats a little clip from riding today..

YouTube - Early Season Riding
Lol we're supposed to help him cope, not mock him with videos of us! :laugh: jk

·
Trevor
4,135 Posts
If your talking about that screeching noise on De-acceleration, that's just the common Polaris edge chain case noise. It's common on all edges pre I think 03 or 04. And that squeaking is just the track rubbing a bit. Nothings wrong with my sled..

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
i think i would almost trade the SSS for my sleds new affliction referred to as TMS(Tree Magnet Syndrome), aka KYSOTTS(Keep Your Sled On The Trail Stupid). i did locate and remove the tree magnet from my sled, found it just behind the exit for the exhaust, however the kysotts is located somewhere in the overly dense mass located between the ears, somewhere under the helmet. to the video poster, i would have hit those piles of whatever under the snow just for fun. my bent part pile is growing quickly, replacement stock shrinking even faster.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've got the opposite problem up here, it won't stop snowing but I don't have a sled yet! I can't drive down to my moms cause I just had surgery so I gotta wait till Christmas... Here's a few teaser pics, you're all welcome to come sled up here :p

·
Need Snow!!!!!
427 Posts
If your talking about that screeching noise on De-acceleration, that's just the common Polaris edge chain case noise. It's common on all edges pre I think 03 or 04. And that squeaking is just the track rubbing a bit. Nothings wrong with my sled..
It's a Polaris thing....Mine does it too.. :)

This SSS is spreading like the flu. Hope this Blizzard does some good..Expecting that tonight..

·
Need Snow!!!!!
427 Posts
i think i would almost trade the SSS for my sleds new affliction referred to as TMS(Tree Magnet Syndrome), aka KYSOTTS(Keep Your Sled On The Trail Stupid). i did locate and remove the tree magnet from my sled, found it just behind the exit for the exhaust, however the kysotts is located somewhere in the overly dense mass located between the ears, somewhere under the helmet. to the video poster, i would have hit those piles of whatever under the snow just for fun. my bent part pile is growing quickly, replacement stock shrinking even faster.
Is there a medication for all that??

·
Vintage Sled Pilot
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How far are you from Ottawa? I have an Aunt in Metcaf I could stay with!:laugh:

·
Registered
612 Posts
The snow gods are finally here :cheeky4:I'm just loving it! BIG FLUFFY FLAKES ! & no sled ready! Hummm ... OK ... why the hell should I be bragging ,when I should be crying ,my seat for the RXL maybe ready after this weekend & the Ultra has to be tore down yet, & what I'm I doing today ...? going to air brush a goaly mask . Oh man ...give me a wall so I can bang my head against & the wife left me for 3 days coming back today ,DOG HOUSE again! I've been a bad boy ,but all I can do is watch the white stuff fall down right now, out my window ! & dream of the day!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts