Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in my 1986 yamaha srv540, i jus rebuilt the motor, and was wonderin what the correct PSI should be in both cylinders. any help is great
THANKS

·
Registered
53 Posts
i have an 84 srv540 and i just got wiesco pistons 30 over and a fresh bore late last year.. i've been going over my sled this year and i only have 90 psi cold so i ran it till it was hot and i still only had 95...i even added a little injection oil to seal the rings a little... any ideas??? there both dead even at just above 90 psi

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just did my 600 and its pumping 140PSI a jug.

As for your 90PSI fresh build i would pull the head and check your piston clearance, sounds like you either got mislabeled pistons/rings or the jug was bored out of spec.

·
Registered
53 Posts
well i'm gonna throw another set of rings in it there cheap.. the cyclinders still have the cross hatching.... should i file them??? i filled the last ones and was wondering if maybe i filed to much??? there wiesco pistions...

·
Registered
53 Posts
has anyone shaved a little offa the top of the head before and can it be done????

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Shaving the head raises compression, making it more finicky to fuels, air temp, etc. I'd leave it alone for the minimal benefits it gives you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Try doing the compression check again with the throttle held open, and yeah... skip filing the rings. generally no need with weiscos unless your making something crazy.

jayman54 said:
i have an 84 srv540 and i just got wiesco pistons 30 over and a fresh bore late last year.. i've been going over my sled this year and i only have 90 psi cold so i ran it till it was hot and i still only had 95...i even added a little injection oil to seal the rings a little... any ideas??? there both dead even at just above 90 psi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts