Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't want to intrude on Abbie's thread any longer, so I'm continuing my questions here. I also started having issues with rebound on my rear suspension. I could compress the suspension once out of the sled and it rebounded. Figured the weight of the sled on the suspension must be enough to keep it compressed. The springs seem to be in good shape, but they could still be shot. Any way to tell? I hate to buy new if the springs aren't the problem. Any tips on compressing the suspension for installation?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
how far does it sag and do you have the "trail" or the "adrenaline" package? the trail have lighter springs and would go soft quicker. my adrenaline sags about 3.5" when i am on it and does not "spring" all the way back up when i am off and i have pretty stiff springs and have them set on the lowest setting. you want around 3" of sag for the suspension to ride right the SC-10 II took me quite a while to get set up the way i like it. if you have an excessive amount of sag, crank-up the pre-load, if that doesn't work get a set of "adrenaline' springs and that should do it. the SC-10 is a good skid just needs tuning. good luck!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't remember what the sag was. The suspension is out now. I had the pre-load on the highest or second to highest setting. Before, I could stand behind the sled and work the suspension with the grab bar or stand and bounce on the sled and do the same. Now I stand on it and it doesn't do chit.

Springs seem like the obvious culprit. any chance that some linkage or something else could be binding?

·
Registered
12 Posts
J,
Read a couple of my latest threads - it sounds like you may have a similar problem. I ended up replacing my 5 year old coil springs, but I think the culprit was the ACM mechanism located behind the the rear shock. I remember that after I pulled the suspension and jumped on it, it seemed to break loose at the ACM. When I compared the old springs to the new ones, there was a difference, but I'm not convinced that was the original problem. Pulling the suspension would be the only way to determine the problem, if spray lubing the ACM doesn't seem to do it. The only other place I would think it could bind would be the middle shock, or the coil spring front arms that slide in the retainer behind the middle wheels on each side of the sled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts