Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I'm new to snowmobiles, but not 2 stroke engines, and heard some people talking about the starts during sno-cross. They said you rev it alot and hold down this button, which supposedly injects extra fuel into the pipe or something, to heat it up?? Then when they start the race this gives them like a little boost or something? Could someone please explain to me what the 'button' and everything does to the engine, then what that causes the engine to do and possibly why.
Thanks alot
Jim

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
ALL THOSE "BUTTONS" IS LET YOU BRING ENGINE SPEED TO JUST BELOW ENGAGEMENT TO HEAT PIPE UP DOES NOT INJECT FUEL.
I BELEIVE IT CHANGES TIMING TO MAKE ENGINE RUN HOTTER FOR WARM UP.HOPE THIS HELPS OR MAYBE SOMEONE CAN GO INTO MORE DETAIL.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for clearing up what it does.
But do you know why you would want to heat the pipe up? I never thought that had anything to do with it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
More air can flow thru a hot pipe then a cold one. Don't know if that's the only reason or not. It's the same idea that makes cold air intakes better.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
PIPES CAN ONLY MAKE POWER WHEN THE TEMP IS RIGHT SO THEY GET THE PIPE UPTO TEMP BEFORE THEY JUMP THE LINE GIVES THEM A LITTLE BETTER HOLESHOT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts