Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the speedruns that were to be on nelson lk. jan. 15th. in hayward wi. are cancelled do to the cold weather.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Thats a poor excuse not to go SNOWmobiling...Thats to bad anyway

·
Registered
271 Posts
Come on down to NY when Im up there and race my 85 400 trail

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
think the wind chill that day was 25-35 below zero. would'nt have had to many racers show up, i dont think. not alone any spectators. one of the races that we put on is a pretty major race. get some of the best drag racers and speedrunners in the country. if you want to see some of the speeds that are run in different classes you can go to www.winterfest.net and look in speedrun results.

·
Registered
29 Posts
canceled becasue of cold?

lemme get this straght, you canceled your winterfest activities because of extreme cold?,,,

I thought you guys over there were tough. Jeez our women and children bring us some fresh coffee and cocoa when its get down that cold. :p :p

Now I know why you have them water races with sleds, you only go out in fair weather.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
winterfest was not cancelled do to cold. this was a different race. also had several racers call and say that if it was to damn cold they were not gonna show. stuff breaks down more often with extream cold temps. also its the volenteers that have to be out side all day. the racers and spectators can jump in there heated trailor or vehicle and warm up. there were other races cancelled the same weekend, not just ours. winterfest's speedruns were cancelled because of a week of 50-55 degree temps and there was water coming up on the ice. some places, 2-4 inches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts