Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After changing from 9 tooth to 7 tooth drivers on a summit 670 the speed is displayed incorrectly, Any one have an idea what needs to be done to fix this?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Probably need a different speedo. I couldn't think of anything else that would work.

·
Registered
63 Posts
On ski doos, they have a switch on their speedo that changes the display speed from km/h to mph. Maybe you hit that by mistake.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I beleive he's talking about the drive sprockets on the drive shaft that have been changed. If so this will effect the speedo readings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Speedo

It is cable driven. on the back of the gauge there are two holes to put the cable into, one for mph the other for kph.

And we changed the drivers so we could put a 2" lug track on it. So i believe that the shaft now is actualy turning faster to cover the same amount of distance. But I dont know much "if anything" about how the speedo's work. Thanks for your help.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
If the new drivers are sized differently than the old ones, then your ratio will change. Nothing you can do about it, except change the drivers back. :mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts