Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the speedo should move whenever the track turns rihgt? if so i think i didnt get the speedo lined back up right after insdtalling new track. is there a way to get it in there right with out removing suspension and track shaft again?

one last question. i started her up today to adjust track tension. it sure smoked bad. i double checked the oil injector pump setting and it was right. could it possibly be the oil that hte previous owner used? what can i do to find out whats causing it? the smoke is a whitish grey color.

i wanna get this set cuz its SNOWING OUT RIHGT NOW. supposed to get 6-9 inches tonight

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Is it still last year's fuel? If so, it'll clear as newer fuel gets to it. THere is a little square type pin that drives the speedo, right? Make sure it's all the way in to the jackshaft or it didn't twist.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah some of it is last years gas. I just topped it off & it took about 8 gal. the pin that holds the speedo in trackshaft looks kinda like a key. its round and has one tab on each end. and it fits into an opening into end of shaft. is there a way to get to it without removing the susp & trackshaft again. I really dont wanna remove the clutch either.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
What kind of sled is it? Some have a piece where the cable goes that you can unscrew and replace the key thing. My Ski Doos have it, as well as some Cats that I know of. Look where the cable goes and see if you can remove the piece.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i can see where the cable goes into the tunnel right behind the driven pulley low. it has the same connector on it that is on the speedometer end. but will i be able to get the plastic key into the notches from there> i really cant see it due to the pulley and the bellypan.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
dbenney said:
i can see where the cable goes into the tunnel right behind the driven pulley low. it has the same connector on it that is on the speedometer end. but will i be able to get the plastic key into the notches from there> i really cant see it due to the pulley and the bellypan.
Can you unscrew that piece? Are you sure the speedo cable is going into the piece all the way?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just so you know i finally got her out & wound up some & the speedo is working fine. thanks for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts