Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any body has has some speedo problems? My speedo stopped working. I checked the cable and there is nothing wrong. It is not broken. Now either it is the speedo itself or the gear on the sproket shaft. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but it would be sure nice to have a speedo again. :confused:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Get it check before you ride it again!!
It could be a couple of things. Speedo drive adapter housing(the one on the end of the d/shaft that the cable goes into), D/shaft bearing or even just the cable insert in the speedo adapter.
but get it checked before you ride if it's the bearing it could cause some major damage.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can I check the speedo adapter on the drive shaft? I am trying to stay away from taking it in because it may be costly. I can do most of the work myself. I have been riding it and I can't seem to notice any thing out of the ordinary. I will check it out somehow. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am with the other guy. Mine quite working as well and he tells the exact truth. One thing about it, it may be something small like the cross cable that goes into the bearing. That would be easy to diagnos. Check it out or you could be in a situation where you have to pay much more to get it fixed than what the sled is worth.

:(

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks guys, I am getting it booked to see what is wrong with it. I will keep you guys posted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts