Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
question on spark plugs.have a 2000 xcsp700 the heads are shaved,v force reeds,mbrp can and clutched.sled had ngk br9es in it dealer said to use champion rn57ycc-should jetting need to be changed or will it be alright-also any idea how much horsepower this would make?

·
I gotta have more Cowbell
328 Posts
Yes, the champion is the right plug but a NGK will work too. The BR9ES is not a direct match to the RN57YCC as it does not have a projected tip like the champion does.

I did reeds on mine, and did not have to re-jet, but you shaved your head so your compresion is a little different now. I think you should warm up your engine, shut it down, install new plugs, and take a high speed run and then remove the plugs and see what they look like. You are looking for a tan or cinnamon color. Anything too light in color indicates too lean, and you will have to re-jet and go richer. If they look sooty or even oily, you may be able to go leaner.

Oh, i see that you also have an aftermarket muffler... when you go messing around with the exhaust, you almost always should be prepared to re-jet. Unless you have fuel injection !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
question with the projected tip on the plug with the shaved head put the spark to close to piston-just worried about burning down.tried to get plug read-went 3 miles-couldnt get any color on insulator just tan on end of electrode?insulator was still white like new.

·
I gotta have more Cowbell
328 Posts
Tan on the electrode is fine. Be sure to check again in cold temps... the colder it is, the leaner your sled will run, and if it's too lean, you may burn up the engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts