Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 2002 Polaris Edge 700 with x package. It is Sonic blue in color. I mentioned this to someone yesterday and they told me they had heard of polaris having problems with that color of paint. Something about it pealing or cracking or something.

Anyone heard of this? I want to make a decision in the next few days.

Thanks,
Dave W

P.S. I also read on some boards that the variable valves have trouble in the 2002s??

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
I have not heard anything about the blue sleds having problems.... however it could be a credible remark. The sonic blue has not been in the polaris line for very long, and there could potentially be a problem with it. I would not hesitate to ask your local dealer about it as I am sure that anyone he sold a sonic blue sled to with a problems would have reported the problem.

In the end I would think there probably is not a problem, but I think you are right in checking into it before you buy. It would be terrible to buy an 02 and find that in two years it was loosing its paint.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
good choice man i think the sonic color is awesome as for problems ask your local dealer like dano said and they will tell you if thier customers have had any problems with it

·
Registered
70 Posts
the only paint problem I heard of with it is when the dealer dropped it off the truck--it made for a nice discount!!!:p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts